In addition to university scholarships, the Scripps Howard School of Journalism and
Communications offers a variety of scholarships to eligible students. Information about
scholarships is posted on the Student Information Board on the second floor of the
Scripps Howard building, announced via student email or are posted on the school's
intranet when they become available.
List of Scripps Howard School Scholarships and eligibility criteria:
- Robert P. Scripps Endowed Scholarship: Students majoring
in journalism/communications with financial need.
- Jean and Charles Shulz Endowed Scholarship: Students
majoring in Journalism.
- Burdick-Burnett Endowed Scholarship: African-American
journalism senior 3.0 GPA or above.
- Scripps Howard Endowed Journalism Scholarship: On the
basis of merit and not just need to freshmen, sophomores, juniors or
- Scripps Howard Foundation Colleen C. Conant Endowed Scholarship:
Well-deserving journalism student with a financial need for purpose of education.
- Young & Rubicam Scholars: Full-time junior or senior
with an Advertising or Public Relations major; 3.0 or higher GPA; must write
a two-page, 700-1000 word essay explaining why student should be the recipient
of a $1,000 scholarship. Final essays to be shared with Y&R Advertising
Links marked with the icon
are Adobe Acrobat documents. These
documents require Adobe Acrobat Reader. To download and install Adobe Acrobat Reader, please visit