Frequently Asked Questions About Internships
- Where can I get the internship forms?
- Internship forms can be downloaded from the internship forms download area.
- What are the internship requirements?
- All the requirements can be found in the Internship Requirements Handbook.
- What is the difference between the internship coordinator and the internship supervisor?
- The internship coordinator is the person at your school who approves your internship. The internship supervisor is the person who works at the media organization who will serve as your immediate supervisor. Make sure the supervisor does not sign where the coordinator needs to sign.
- How can I get my internship approved?
- Complete the internship contract.
- Have your internship supervisor sign it.
- Submit the signed contract to the internship coordinator for approval and signature.
The signed contract can be faxed or mailed back to the school to the attention of the internship
coordinator. The fax number is (757) 728-6011. The mailing address and fax number are on the form.
- With the contract, submit a written paragraph describing your internship duties and hours.
- The internship coordinator will send approval notification via email to you within two days of
receiving the completed contract and description of internship duties and hours.
- Your contract will be kept on file in your student academic folder.
- Make sure you follow all requirements as outlined on the Internship
- My internship supervisor needs a letter verifying that I will earn academic credit. How do I get the letter?
- Email your request and include the name of the supervisor,
supervisor's title, name of organization, organization's
complete mailing address and the organization's fax number
to DaVida Plummer.
- Once the request is received, a letter of verification on school letterhead will be faxed
to the internship supervisor.
- What is the difference between earning internship academic credit, course credit and graduation credit?
- Refer to your Internship Requirements Handbook for an explanation.
- If I still have questions, who do I contact?
- Contact Prof. Allie-Ryan Butler via email only at Allie-Ryan.Butler@hamptonu.edu.
Links marked with the icon are Adobe Acrobat documents. These documents require Adobe Acrobat Reader. To download and install Adobe Acrobat Reader,
please visit http://get.adobe.com/reader/.